SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Messier 1 the Crab Nebula

Laurin Dave

The Crab Nebula, captured on 17 and 18 November, 45x`120s each RGB and 14x600s Ha. Esprit 150ED, ASI1600mm, AZEQ-6. Processed in Pixinsight and Photoshop. I tried a number of different combination methods..  Top left RGB, top right RGB plus Ha using Pixinsight NBRGB script, bottom left RGB plus Ha as luminance, bottom right RGB plus Ha with Ha as luminance. I tend to prefer the top right one.  Could do with some more data but with the moon and cloud about it'll have to wait.

Thanks for looking

Dave

Multiple Crabs 2.png

6 minutes ago, PhotoGav said:

Ooooh, the filamentary detail is lovely in there, Dave! As for which version... I prefer the nebula of top right and the stars of bottom right - could they be combined?!

Thanks Gav... I'm sure they could... but I'll have to figure out how :)  

6 hours ago, PhotoGav said:

Ooooh, the filamentary detail is lovely in there, Dave! As for which version... I prefer the nebula of top right and the stars of bottom right - could they be combined?!

I  agree the 'best' image is probably between them.

Why not combine them as layers in photoshop or similar?

Well here it is...  Top right with some detail from the bottom right blended through for the nebula itself and bottom right for the stars, all done in Photoshop, using the instructions on pages 74-76 of Steve's book.  Thanks all for suggesting I do this, I think its better.  Interestingly I'd also used the same process that Steve posted yesterday in Software for deconvolution of narrowband images in Pixinsight, its well worth a look.

Dave

CrabNebulaMerge.thumb.png.712210c2e274bcad5195794baaa853fd.png

On 20/11/2018 at 13:07, Laurin Dave said:

top right RGB plus Ha using Pixinsight NBRGB script

Really impressed with this and it's great you've shown the different examples of processing.

I'm going to try this script you mention above - I've been using the tutorial from the every useful Light Vortex site involving PixelMath which has worked for me so far - if NBRGB is a bit easier that will be a plus ? 

Again great work!

David

Archived