Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_christmas_presents.thumb.jpg.587637e0d01baf4b6d21b73610610bbb.jpg

Ally8446

The Tropics of Scotland

38 minutes ago, Skipper Billy said:

Mods - can you lock this thread please - or else everyone will be charging up the M6/M74 to share our Bortle 2/3 skies !!!!  😉 

'chuckles out loud' 😄😄

44 minutes ago, Skipper Billy said:

Mods - can you lock this thread please - or else everyone will be charging up the M6/M74 to share our Bortle 2/3 skies !!!!  😉 

....But they need to get lucky and be here on one of the three days a year it's not raining! 🌧️

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, BiggarDigger said:

....But they need to get lucky and be here on one of the three days a year it's not raining! 🌧️

Or snowing :grin:

Dave

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Or snowing :grin:

Dave

I've seen it snow in June in Glasgow. ..and I'm not joking 😕

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Great to hear it all worked out and you got some awesome viewing done....was no trouble at all, happy to have helped :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Ally8446 said:

I've seen it snow in June in Glasgow. ..and I'm not joking 😕

Funny old thing the weather, my daughters birthday is in April and it has snowed on it more than once, and the Epsom Derby in June had snow once :eek: many years ago before climate change, there was a café on Epsom Downs with a B&W photograph recording the event on the wall.

Dave

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BiggarDigger said:

...But they need to get lucky and be here on one of the three days a year it's not raining! 🌧️

Aye - but on those three days the midges will eat you alive !!!  😉

We had a great summer this year - it was a Wednesday from memory 😉

• Haha 2

Brilliant report ... echoed i'm sure throughout the astronomy community . Thinking about it all , its probably why so many people in our country are mad for astronomy . Not only do we contend with light pollution , our time spent outside (due to inclement weather ) is so short . Therefore we tend to seize every opportunity we can to observe the night sky. When i read reports like yours Ally , it doubles my enthusiasm for this fantastic hobby.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Stu1smartcookie said:

When i read reports like yours Ally , it doubles my enthusiasm for this fantastic hobby.

I don't have all the lingo/jargon and have difficulty explaining myself most of the time but it's nice to know my basic reports are appreciated. Your reply has really made me smile. Thank you :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skipper Billy said:

We had a great summer this year - it was a Wednesday from memory 😉

You managed a whole day.....I am impressed 😲