SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

The Tropics of Scotland

Ally8446

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Skipper Billy said:

Mods - can you lock this thread please - or else everyone will be charging up the M6/M74 to share our Bortle 2/3 skies !!!!  ? 

....But they need to get lucky and be here on one of the three days a year it's not raining! ?️

34 minutes ago, Ally8446 said:

I've seen it snow in June in Glasgow. ..and I'm not joking ?

Funny old thing the weather, my daughters birthday is in April and it has snowed on it more than once, and the Epsom Derby in June had snow once :eek: many years ago before climate change, there was a café on Epsom Downs with a B&W photograph recording the event on the wall.

Dave

14 hours ago, BiggarDigger said:

...But they need to get lucky and be here on one of the three days a year it's not raining! ?️

Aye - but on those three days the midges will eat you alive !!!  ?

We had a great summer this year - it was a Wednesday from memory ?

Brilliant report ... echoed i'm sure throughout the astronomy community . Thinking about it all , its probably why so many people in our country are mad for astronomy . Not only do we contend with light pollution , our time spent outside (due to inclement weather ) is so short . Therefore we tend to seize every opportunity we can to observe the night sky. When i read reports like yours Ally , it doubles my enthusiasm for this fantastic hobby.

37 minutes ago, Stu1smartcookie said:

When i read reports like yours Ally , it doubles my enthusiasm for this fantastic hobby.

I don't have all the lingo/jargon and have difficulty explaining myself most of the time but it's nice to know my basic reports are appreciated. Your reply has really made me smile. Thank you :) 

Archived