SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Sh2-240 Single Pane, 6 x 1200s Ha

Adreneline

With my significantly under-sampling combination of Samyang 135mm and Atik428ex I didn't really expect to get anything of this notoriously feint supernova remnant. I decided to go for 1200s exposures in Ha and of course several were written off by aircraft on their approach to EMA. When the clouds rolled in at around 11.30 p.m. it was game over.

In this light-poluted area I'm not sure I would get anything meaningful from RGB and really not sure how well I'd get on with OIII either. Still, something is better than nothing. This is mainly processed in PI with just a little bit of Levels adjustment in PS.

1421107467_Sh2-242_ABEABEHTLHELevels.thumb.png.2bde5b2d40483183025ef2878b3b66ca.png

Thanks for looking.

Adrian

4 minutes ago, coatesg said:

don't chuck the aircraft ones

With the best will in the world I'm not sure that even PI can cope with four of these in a stack of ten.

Sh2-240_900sec-10C_Ha.thumb.png.84e7cdb4c55052e3b0fb2c5dae2625b3.png

When you're 8 km off the end of the runway they are pretty low and pretty slow and they make their mark! I can hear them coming so perhaps I need some sort of clever, remotely operated fast shutter device that would cover the lens for 15-20 seconds whilst they pass over - at least that way I might not need to write off several 900s or 1200s exposures. I wonder if FLO do such a thing ;)

Thanks for the kind comments.

Adrian

Well on a given evening in a twenty minute period you can get as many as four or five arrivals (mainly DHL) and they indeed can ....

8 minutes ago, coatesg said:

make that much mess of a sub!!

I tried imaging the Soul on Saturday in OIII and out of 20 subs 17 were spoilt.

Just one of the many challenges - along with roofs, trees, outside security lights and of course clouds.

Why do we do it!!?? ?

Archived