Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Orion’s Belt and Sword

Always wanted to snap this region of the Orion constellation, knowing the vast nebulosity that hides within this region.  Especially I have just had my DSLR modded and had not tested it

During the early hours of 18th Nov, the sky was crispy clear and I decided to take the camera out and give Orion some attention

for those who may not know the big red loop is called Barnard’s Loop, remnants of a supernova. Also showing Orion’s Nebula, flame Nebula and Horse Head Nebula.

Pic Info:

60x60s lights at iso800, taken with canon 550d modded and 50mm lens at f1.8 , mounted on star adventurer mini . Lights stacked in DSS and processed in pixinsight.

006AE110-F5D0-41FB-8926-4F774892ED2D.jpeg

1714A0A8-68BC-4EDC-B0DC-154878223736.jpeg

• 2 months later...

Fantastic pictures. It will encourage many people to try. My DSLR is not modded. How different would the image be if the same parameters were used,but without a modded DSLR? 

Archived