Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Hi all, has anyone,any experience in GNU Radio? I could do with a few pointers on adding a pre built program to it.

Cheers Carl

I personally haven't used GNU Radio before, but I'd definitely recommend it if you want to build your own SDR-receiving-program-thing (like SDR#) from scratch. This can be useful if you want to control your SDR and set your own parameters exactly the way you want. You can craft and run various algorithms, so that's also good.

I think I'll find a use for GNU Radio very soon for building my own signal-recording software. GNU Radio is the only option I have, as SDRSharp (or any other known software) won't output my data exactly the way I want to and compress it properly. Using GNU Radio, I can also set the integration (exposure) time of my receiver, which is impossible with other common software.

If you're looking to do something like this, GNU Radio is probably your best option. As you're probably aware, there are plenty of tutorials on how to write flowcharts in GNU Radio. Shouldn't be very hard to get started with it, but the difficulty always depends on the complexity of your desired results!

I have GNU but have issues putting Simple_RA into it. Simple_RA is a pre made flow for radio astronomy.