Narrowband

Stellarium 18.0 Editing Keyboard shortcuts

Tommohawk

Hi all.

I have a maddening problem - my keyboard CTRL key only works intermittenly. I've googled it to death but I know the keyboards on my laptop (Dell Inspiron 3147) are flakey - I've already replaced it once.

Generally I can live without the CTRL key, but in Stellarium I use CTRL+1 to make the scope "goto" and also CTRL+3 to recentre the onscreen scope position indicator if its not quite over the target ie to Sync it.

Now, I also know that the good people at ASCOM have modified commands via StellariumScope such that CTRL+2 and CTRL+3 do "halt" and "Sync" Commands respectively. 

So I need to edit these 3 commands, or set up alternative commands to fix the problem. 

BUT I don't seem to be able to enter ALT or SHIFT or ALTGR in either the Primary or Alternative shortcut windows - (I know these keys def work) 

Anyone out there have any ideas - Alex, are you around??

Also, one other thing - because the columns in the command editing window arent resizable it isnt possible - on my set up at least - to see the full command. So, I can see "Move telescope #1 to..." but nothing more.

So the difference between the CTRL+1 and ALT+1 shortcuts isnt discernible - they both show "Move telescope to.."

Hope that makes sense!!

Grateful for any help or suggestions!

10 minutes ago, lenscap said:

Do you have a second CTRL key by the arrow keys?

Yes, but it'd the same unfortunately. It might be a driver problem, but I've reloaded the drivers with out any results. The on board OSK keyboard is fine, so I think it must be hardware. It's a right what's it to replace the keyboard because it's the main chassis, so you have to strip off every last component. 

I'll have to live without it! 

10 hours ago, Tommohawk said:

Also, one other thing - because the columns in the command editing window arent resizable it isnt possible - on my set up at least - to see the full command. So, I can see "Move telescope #1 to..." but nothing more.

Double clicking right between the "action" and "primary shortcut" titles expands those columns to show the full text. 

I also tried to edit the shortcuts here but it won't allow alt, shift and other keys,. 

Edit: i changed the alternate keys to 1,2 and 3 and tested with the telescope simulator and it worked fine, the slew and sync buttons worked, but the cancel slewing did not..

I'll place a screenshot to show it. 

stellarium.jpg.3bd5a2e7c2308ee9f8731e01146f76fa.jpg

Hey thanks that's great!!

I struggled to find the right point to double click to expand the header, but eventually found it. I've no idea how you figured that out! I cant get it to go back now, but that doesnt matter.

Funnily enough, I arrived at the same alternative commands of just "1" and "2" and "3" before I read your post. Last night had a good session, and the goto and sync commands worked fine. I'll have to check out the halt command - maybe I could use something else.

I'm not sure why ALT and SHIFT keys arent permitted - they are obviously included in the default commands. 

Many thanks for your comments!

Archived