Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Eyepiece for 10” f/5 Dobsonian

2 hours ago, shanmac said:

Ok Guys, my ES82° 24mm arrived today :-). Unfortunately also have the clouds and the rain. Will update this thread after I get a chance to try my new toy out ☁️?☁️?☁️

I think that's a wise choice for the first low power, a ES24mm 82d. I use a F5 too and a coma corrector not required for me.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, shanmac said:

I actually opted to invest (in the near future) in decent Binos instead of the 30mm. After using an app for AFOV vs DSO's, I decided I would probably get better use from the 24mm. If the 24mm is not low powered enough for finding my way around I'll have too look at maybe the ES30. I'm gonna wait for clear sky before my next move, which may also include the 14mm Morpheus ? 

I did a comparative exercise between 4 different ES eyepieces (using 245mm x 1270mm telescope) on the great nebula in Orion, Stellarium can be helpful to test that. From right to left: 30mm 82d, 34mm 68d, 24mm 82d and 24mm 68d.

Link deleted

If this can be of any help.

17 hours ago, N3ptune said:

I did a comparative exercise between 4 different ES eyepieces (using 245mm x 1270mm telescope) on the great nebula in Orion, Stellarium can be helpful to test that. From right to left: 30mm 82d, 34mm 68d, 24mm 82d and 24mm 68d.

Link deleted

If this can be of any help.

Is this link correct? I just see a load of irrelevant stuff?

EDIT I have removed the link because the content I could see didn't seem to be N3ptune's review. Hopefully he will put an amended one up soon.

When doing presentation with school and scout/guide groups with my club, I use a 17mm wide-angle eyepiece on my 10" SW dob

Gives good eye relief, and can be coupled with a 2X barlow

When using to look at Jupiter, gives a wider field, which takes in Jupiter's moons, and brings out the rings on Saturn

Archived