Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Astroart guide setup help

Astroscot2

Im hoping  a fellow Astroart user can help me.

Im having issues calibrating for guiding with AA5, im currently using a SX694 camera and LoadstarX2 for guiding, both cameras connect and work fine with AA5. Guiding  via ST4 cable The problem i know is with the camera set up options , ive tried various combinations of selecting guide relays but they all fail during calidration. Ive been here before when i moved to a new laptop but cant recall what i need to select for the mount to recognise the guide/calibration commands.

Thanks Mark

Probably no help to you at all but I ran into the same brick wall in AA4 with my current set up.  I gave up and used PHD2 instead, but I still acquire and process in AA. I think Olly Penrice was involved in a thread re, Astroart guiding, will see if I can find it.

Update: thread here.

Hello, funny you should mention Olly, I had already sent him a PM which he kindly replied.  the issue is not on the use of AA for guiding but the initial set up, Ive used AA for years for guiding and its worked perfectly.  I'm suspecting ive not selected an option or ticked a box that I should have as calibration is not working, the mount is not seeing the commands being sent? Ive got some ideas so hopefully the next clear night wont be as frustrating as the last.

Kind regards

Mark Hill 

Archived