Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Your four-legged star-gazing companion

Seanelly

I searched back briefly through the topics and didn't see this one, so I thought I'd put it out there, since I see many profile photos of pets.

I've only been a member since purchasing my rig on Oct 4, but in those trying weeks of getting the kit 'off the ground', so to speak, my dog and I have both had the pleasure of our increased outdoor companionship. I'm sure he wonders what all the fuss (and swearing, haha) is about, but as most of you with a dog will know, if it means more outside time, it's fine with them!

His name is Clancy, we celebrated his 6th birthday on Nov 16 (he got a portion of steak for dinner, a good long walk in the fresh fallen snow of eastern Ontario, and a new ball), and he is, of course, the best dog in the world.

Clancy (Pants).jpg

20 minutes ago, Charic said:

Its nice to have some form of company. I get the chills when Deer run past, they just come from nowhere.
I just hope that table is strong enough to withstand a wagging tail?

Haha, I've upgraded the rickety stool to a more solid table with a dew-proof, wag-proof, plastic enclosure for the laptop.

Deer occassionally wander through our area as well, and my wife and I woke one morning to a moose browsing on the brush in the background of this photo. I think the presence of Clancy will keep them at a distance.

Here's mine  - James Clerk Maxwell, she is only 9 weeks old so just an apprentice stargazer companion. :)   To be honest she is more interested in  stealing shoes and drinking my tea when I'm not looking.   I think she is using her cuteness as too much of a  defence but it seems to be working :) 

Jim 

large.925323355_JamesClerkMaxwell1.jpg.99f783be118a3e9cdf86aa3e6ff42e2e.jpg

Yes she is a little girl dog. We only got her last weekend so still working on a name for her;  Rosie is a favourite with the rest of the family at the moment. So in the meantime I'm calling her James Clerk Maxwell :) 

Jim 

1 hour ago, saac said:

Here's mine  - James Clerk Maxwell, she is only 9 weeks old so just an apprentice stargazer companion. :)   To be honest she is more interested in  stealing shoes and drinking my tea when I'm not looking.   I think she is using her cuteness as too much of a  defence but it seems to be working :) 

Jim 

large.925323355_JamesClerkMaxwell1.jpg.99f783be118a3e9cdf86aa3e6ff42e2e.jpg

JCL, if I may call her that, is seriously sweet! I'm sure, once she realizes the value of spending time outdoors, she'll switch to stealing your outdoor shoes instead.

47 minutes ago, Gina said:

Lovely!  I love dogs - with a passion... What a little cutie! :)

Have you heard the quote from Will Rogers? 

"If there are no dogs in heaven, then I want to go where they went."

Not the most elegant of statements, but it says everything most dog owners feel about their pets.

13 minutes ago, maw lod qan said:

Two of mine, Moe in the foreground and Barker to the back. But they would quickly tell you, if the Sun isn't out, neither are we. You can tell us about it later.

More believes every day I'm off is 'lay in the Sun-day!'

20181015_161028.jpg

Each dog to his own, haha. I love that name Barker. Is it Bob for short?

Currently I have a cat, Snowball; see my avatar (no, her eyes aren't really that big until there's "FISH!") and even though she's pretty cute she's really annoying especially when it comes to packing up time!

She's got a real talent to be in the worst place, at the worst time doing the worst things she can. Let's just say as a result I rarely call her by her given name, Peskipuss being the only one that will get by the moderators ?

3 hours ago, reezeh said:

Currently I have a cat, Snowball; see my avatar (no, her eyes aren't really that big until there's "FISH!") and even though she's pretty cute she's really annoying especially when it comes to packing up time!

She's got a real talent to be in the worst place, at the worst time doing the worst things she can. Let's just say as a result I rarely call her by her given name, Peskipuss being the only one that will get by the moderators ?

I can relate to that. Plus the rubbing of the mount at the most inopportune time.  

We have three dogs now but I lost my very special buddy two years ago on xmas eve. He was my shadow, we went everywhere together, joined at the hip which is how my monika came about alf/ian. He never went stargazing with me as undoubtedly I would trip over him but he waited at the foot of the stairs for me to come back in as he always did when I had to go out without him. Stellar dog!

My dog Holly, sadly no longer with us was an avid stargazing companion and was always out with me, I even used to try and teach her some objects to look for and she had no issues finding the Moon or Andromeda when asked "wheres the Moon etc". The only problem was that being a black lab meant that she became invisible in the dark and a definite trip hazard.

I still have my Cat which again is almost black so have similar issues and he is happy to stay with me when I am out although gets distracted if he hears any rustling noises.

Alan

Archived