SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Lisbon Astronomy Observatory

Astrofriend

Once again we travel South in Europe, this time we visit Lisbon. Never been in Portugal earlier so this travel was really exiting. Lot of old culture to see and tasty foods. Maybe a bit higher cost than expected but still cheaper compare to  Sweden where I live.

This time it was not only I and my girlfriend, we had also brought with us a friend. All three of us are interested in astronomy.

When I know we should visit Lisbon I started to search for some astronomy related. I found that there is an old observatory just 6 km from where we stayed. They also had guided tours, but should be booked at least two weeks before visit. This was a last minute travel and not enough time left.

Here is my mini report from Lisbon Astronomy Observatory:
http://www.astrofriend.eu/astronomy/observatory-sites/lisbon-astronomical-observatory/lisbon-astronomical-observatory.html

It didn't worked out as expected, but you at least have the information if you visit Lisbon in the future.

/Lars

Archived