Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

QHY8L Problem

A320Flyer

Hi,

Can anyone help me with this?

My QHY8L has suddenly developed a problem where all images have a weird pattern (see attached). No matter if I point it directly at a bright light source, the max ADU value never gets above approx. 30,000, even if I boost the Gain/Offset. It has worked flawlessly at Gain 7, Offset 114 ever since I bought it but has now developed this problem. I have never seen this waterfall pattern before.

Has anyone seen this before? Could it be the power supply or the camera itself?

Any help very much appreciated.

Thanks

Bill

CCD Image 2.jpg

CCD Image 2.fit

Hmm… maybe more than one thing going on but my gut says it could be a hard camera fault. Is the power ok (all leds on) and cooling working properly? Usb connector/cable ok? Computer/usb ok? Since you said it happened suddenly then something failed. Have you asked qhy/posted on their forum? Probably the best place to go.

Louise

5 minutes ago, A320Flyer said:

Hi Louise

I've tried three different laptops and different cable combinations but with the same result. I will post on qhy forum but thought I’d get a quicker response here. ?

Thanks

Bill

Btw, I take it you use their cable clip or some other way of clamping the cables? The din connector is quite vulnerable.

Hope you can sort it

Louise

On 16/11/2018 at 21:55, Thalestris24 said:

Btw, I take it you use their cable clip or some other way of clamping the cables? The din connector is quite vulnerable.

Hope you can sort it

Louise

Does anyone have the .STL file for the cable retainer? Qhy did make the file available but I can no longer find it on their site. 

1 hour ago, A320Flyer said:

Does anyone have the .STL file for the cable retainer? Qhy did make the file available but I can no longer find it on their site. 

I don't, but I never used the supplied clip anyway - I just used a *tie wrap around the camera body and it did the job of holding the cables in place :)

Louise

Edit: I meant cable tie (had a senior moment....)

7 hours ago, Thalestris24 said:

I don't, but I never used the supplied clip anyway - I just used a *tie wrap around the camera body and it did the job of holding the cables in place :)

Louise

Edit: I meant cable tie (had a senior moment....)

I use cable ties too, after the cable clip supplied with the camera disintegrated.

Archived