Narrowband

A quick Bubble Nebula NGC 7635

Laurin Dave

Captured on the 10th October and 12th and 14th November, 12x 600s Ha , 2x 600s Oiii, plus 20x120s R and B and 30x120s R totalling 4hrs 40min. Esprit150, ASI1600mm, ZWO RGB, Astrodon 5nm Ha and Oiii, AZEQ-6, processed in Pixinsight and Photoshop.  Nothing like enough data really but thought I'd process it anyway, used the NBRGBCombination script in PI to combine RGB with Ha (having simply added Oiii to the Blue and Green stacks) and then used the Ha as luminance in PIs LRGB combine .. then replaced the stars with those from the RGB...  

Thanks for looking

Dave

Bubble_HaLum_HaRGBCombination_RGB_Stars_DBE_SCNR_LHE_DBE_crop.thumb.png.e4bfb1d37f9baf36907a4b19852c9e7a.png

Thank you all, I have to say it was noisy and looked like nothing until I put the Ha in as luminance, it transformed it.  As for the 600s NB subs Alex, they just work better for me and give a smoother outcome for the same total integration time. 300s only gets to about 900 ADU which from what I've read isn't enough to swamp the read noise, whereas 600s gets it to 1200 ADU which supposedly is so maybe that's the reason. Whatever they just look better. 

Dave

Great image Dave and interesting process. Over the last few weeks I've also been targeting the Bubble and collected a full set of LRGB and NB data with no particular plan for how to use the data other than maybe add Ha to the RGB using the same PI script. Will now try adding the O3 and S2 to see what comes out.

Archived