SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NGC 253 GSO RC 6

Benklerk

NGC 253 also known as Sculptor Galaxy, is an intermediate spiral galaxy in the constellation Sculptor. As one of the brightest galaxies in the sky, the Sculptor Galaxy can be seen through binoculars and is near the star Beta Ceti. It is considered one of the most easily viewed galaxies in the sky after the Andromeda Galaxy. 
Its distance is about 11.4 Million light years

GSO RC 6
HEQ5 Pro belt mod
ZWO ASI 1600mm with Filter wheel
LUM       71 x 2min = 142min
RED       28 x 4min = 112min
GREEN     33 x 4min = 132min
BLUE      27 x 4min = 108min
HA        57 x 10min = 570min
Total time = 17.7 hrs

NGC 253.jpg

13 hours ago, Benklerk said:

NGC 253 also known as Sculptor Galaxy, is an intermediate spiral galaxy in the constellation Sculptor. As one of the brightest galaxies in the sky, the Sculptor Galaxy can be seen through binoculars and is near the star Beta Ceti. It is considered one of the most easily viewed galaxies in the sky after the Andromeda Galaxy. 
Its distance is about 11.4 Million light years

GSO RC 6
HEQ5 Pro belt mod
ZWO ASI 1600mm with Filter wheel
LUM       71 x 2min = 142min
RED       28 x 4min = 112min
GREEN     33 x 4min = 132min
BLUE      27 x 4min = 108min
HA        57 x 10min = 570min
Total time = 17.7 hrs

NGC 253.jpg

Very impressive! You're really making me me want an RC6 lol ? 

I don't suppose you have a version of it without the Ha? (or alternatively you could post the Ha stack). I'm curious how much it added to the final image. 

Ps - there is a red gradient on the right and left hand edges. Almost as though the red flats haven't worked properly? 

Excellent image btw ?

Much better with the last version! Think that the background could be taken down a touch perhaps.

Interesting that there's some fixed pattern noise in the HA which I don't see in my 163M (same chip) - does this show a lot, or is it just pushed a long way,?

Archived