SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Quark heading for final destination !!!!

Davey-T

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Crikey Dave, how long has that been away? Must have more air miles than.... well, someone with alot of air miles!

Only been gone a couple of weeks this time Stu but no doubt it will get stuck in the customs for it's customary 5 weeks again :icon_cry:

Dave

Lets hope it’s not like a parcel on its way to me, for the past 4 days emails.

Each am, message says it’s with us and going to your local depot, then lunchtime you get, it’s been returned to sender, then at 3pm it’s with us and ready for delivery, then the parcel shows as unknown tracking,

sleep and repeat same process for next 3 days!

15 hours ago, Davey-T said:

Only been gone a couple of weeks this time.....

How reliable are these devices ??    I thought the 'bad-times'  were consigned to the past, the interweb has stories of UK manufacturers refusing to stock them.

Have you been unlucky or should a buyer expect a few returns?       In fact, how many years would you expect one to perform ??  ( I won't say trouble-free !!...sore point)

1 hour ago, Craney said:

How reliable are these devices ??    I thought the 'bad-times'  were consigned to the past, the interweb has stories of UK manufacturers refusing to stock them.

Have you been unlucky or should a buyer expect a few returns?       In fact, how many years would you expect one to perform ??  ( I won't say trouble-free !!...sore point)

My original one purchased when they first appeared was fine for a couple of years before developing a fault it was returned for repair but came back unfixed so returned again and came back with a different fault, all this took several months then it was replaced with a new one that didn't perform very well so that was eventually returned and now waiting for it to come back again to see if it's fixed this time.

Dave

Oh dear!.....  that all sounds  a bit   very frustrating !!    It looks such a great idea for a product and I would be very tempted..... but, that spectre of unreliability hangs over them.  It would be interesting to hear how other users have faired, especially over the last 2 -3 years and with units that have been purchased new.

Hope it works out for you.

Sean.

Archived