Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_2019_sp_banner.thumb.jpg.a0ff260c05b90dead5c594e9b4ee9fd0.jpg

I hadn't imaged this since 2008 and decided to revisit it.  The nights of 9th and 10th October were forecast to be clear, and indeed they were, although a bit hazy. But the seeing on 9th was the worst I have ever seen from home, varying between 6 and 19 (!)  on my RC10 so that was a no go. Still pretty poor on 10th, but just good enough to try for the bright cluster. I would have liked better seeing and more exposures before the haze worsened but it turned out better than I expected when processed.

QSI 683 on RC10 wth SX AO unit. Luminance 11 x 5 minutes, RGB each 4 x 5 minutes, all binned 2x2.

Cheers,

Peter

M15.jpg

• Like 12

On 20/11/2018 at 13:44, clarkpm4242 said:

Pease 1 is resolved...though it's character is not apparent.

Nice one.

Paul 

Thanks, Paul,

I f you know *exactly* where to look, I suppose Pease 1 is resolved.  But I reckon I'd need a narrowband image, perhaps also at a longer focal length to be sure.  I know amateurs have photographed it, but of course Francis Pease had access to the 100 inch at Palomar when he made his discovery.

Cheers,

Peter

• Like 1