Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_inspirational_skies_winners.thumb.jpg.94f78e21c195e385c5621d89ea0b51b9.jpg

So I actually managed to get polar aligned this evening, after a failed attempt on Sunday. Only did a 1 star alignment with Synscan Pro because I wanted to see how out of line everything was, and I now know what I need to spend time on this weekend. Also just got the updated polarscope, so that can be swapped as well.

Stuck my camera on just to see how a longer exposure came out. This is a 68 second exposure of Pleiades, which considering I wasn't remotely trying to get set up for seems to have come out OK for a first shot!

I feel much happier than I did this time on Sunday 😃

DSC_6082.jpg

• Like 9

Dan

Very clear

Pleiades and Orion do not rise until around midnight

Have Antares setting just after dusk within Scorpio

John

Beautiful shot! I love the Winter constellations :) 

Reggie

Great for a first attempt. Clearly there are a couple of issues, but who achieves perfection first time out? As you say, at least you know what you need to be working on.

Hi Dan, a brilliant picture, well done!😃

I know it's not what's needed for an technically 'good' astro photo, but I must admit to a soft spot for photos like that with star-bursts all over the place - those are far nicer shots aesthetically to put on the wall!

Broken my Duck

Try gorilla glue 🙂

Well done, try a bahtinov mask for focus, it will tighten up the smaller stars for you.

• Haha 1