Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Synscan App GoTo Accuracy Problem

bendiddley

I have a skywatcher star discovery WiFi mount which I am using with the synscan app and I'm having trouble getting the goto to centre the target in the middle of the eyepiece after alignment. Not sure if there's something I'm doing wrong or if it's normal to be a bit out. Currently I've been using Vega and Polaris as my alignment stars using the 2 star alignment process. I make sure both stars are accurately placed when prompted to do so and the alignment completes successfully. However when I slew to my first target, the target is always a bit out, its about half way between the centre of the eyepiece and the edge. I've tried numerous times to make sure my alignment process is as sharp as possible but its always the same result. I have also tried the north level alignment but the same thing happens there too. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?

Archived