Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_2019_sp_banner.thumb.jpg.a0ff260c05b90dead5c594e9b4ee9fd0.jpg

Demon Barber

Gallloway Gathering Spring 2019

Hi All, sorry i`ve  not posted for a bit, i will post tomorrow how the field is holding up,there are plenty of hookups still available,very much looking forward to catching up with everyone.

Glad you got booked Damian, Sandra and Andy nice to see you are coming over.

Regards

Mike

• Like 2

Hi Mike,

Not sure if you have spoken to Kenny, but I spoke to him last week and he was not sure he would be able to make it ?

• Sad 1

Hi All, had a chat with Lesley at the campsite and the news  is good ,they have had less rain than last year and the field is dry and in good condition.

The bookings are growing steadily and electric hook ups are still available.

Looking forward to the event and catching up with everyone, safe journey and i will see you there! ?

Regards

Mike

• Like 2

Hello all ,i thought you would like to know of another astronomy related event,it is taking place the weekend following on from our event,details are here http://www.wigtownbookfestival.com/programme

It is a pity that the events could  not have been co-ordinated but anyone wanting a longer stay just call Lesley and it should be a fitting way to take in even more astronomy?

Regards

Mike

• Like 3

Ahh, the road ahead, lies open & the bus is just about packed, so will be setting off early morning to avoid Brum rush hour......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Demon Barber said:

Hi Julian,have a safe journey!

Regards

Mike

Yes, as Mike says, have a safe journey. See you later next week.

Well i`m onsite and who ordered the rain? The field is in great condition despite the afternoon rain.

The journey over was uneventful, but i have to say the A75 is in a poor state loads of cracks and potholes,the temperatures on the way here started at 15* to 18-5 at the M6 and as i approached Newton Stewart a lowly 8* , it is for now at least not raining!

Safe journey to all and i will catch up with everyone as they get here,

Regards

Mike

• Like 1

Well the rain has stopped and it`s crystal clear---------- we will see how long it lasts! ?

Mike

• Like 1

Glad you had an uneventful journey up. Look forward to seeing you Wednesday night - will speak to you on the phone before then.

I also arrived ok'ish (knackered) and as usual, this being Scotland, the heaven's opened with a small gale, while trying to erect the tent. Managed to get it up & storm lashed (I was a tad soaked), surprisingly still dry inside, so got the basics in & following a small libation or 4, slept till 07:00...  

Awoke to it still being mizzly & overcast (I didn't see any clear bits like Mike, but then I wad dead to the world), but as I write I see the cloud thinning, & with a light breeze, things should, hopefully, dry out soon....

• Like 2

Well if the BBC forecast is to be believed, then the next 3 nights should be clear :)   mind you that's what they said for here last night but it was total cloud clover til the moon rose :(

Can anyone recommend a reliable weather forecast site?

Andy

Edited by AndyKeogh
correctin very poor english

Tuesday and wednesday night are looking good via metcheck :wink2:

13 hours ago, Dr_Ju_ju said:

It paints a picture far worse than the BBC for next week :( 

It would be useful if you could produce a comparison at the end of the week as to how it compared with reality.

Andy

Edited by AndyKeogh

Hi Folks,

Glad you all arrived safe and sound.

It is a special skill to erect a tent in gale force wind!

You are fortunate, that I shall not be attending this event. I have to be at the Hospice of St Francis 40th Anniversary Dinner Dance at Hadfield House on Saturday night.

I will be attending the Autumn event.........

I hope you have clear skies, tonight according to Scope Night will be clear from 18:00 Monday till 09:00 am Tuesday.

Tuesday 18:00 till 03:00am  Wednesday will be mostly clear.

The rest of the week does not look brilliant.... But the weather can change......else its back to whiskey tasting sessions!!

Have a great time...

Adrian

• Like 1

Clear skies here again tonight, hope the same can be said about Drumroamin, and that it continues into the weekend ?

they are exceedingly clear, and little wind....

Cracking image Mike,  look forward to the others. 

Ps get yet ass out there and get them cameras going?

• Like 1

That's really nice Mike could you give exposure details and which lens/scope you used.  Ta.

Hi Andy, thank you ,taken through W/O FLT110, Canon 500d( modded ), 1600 ISO, 60SExp 40 Frames stacked in DSS, enhanced with whiskey fumes!

Regards

Mike

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hi All,here`s another effort taken by Phil,the Rosette Neb .

Mike

Kev Ps.jpg

Edited by Demon Barber
  • Like 7