Narrowband

Gallloway Gathering Spring 2019

Hi All, sorry i`ve  not posted for a bit, i will post tomorrow how the field is holding up,there are plenty of hookups still available,very much looking forward to catching up with everyone.

Glad you got booked Damian, Sandra and Andy nice to see you are coming over.

Regards

Mike

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All, had a chat with Lesley at the campsite and the news  is good ,they have had less rain than last year and the field is dry and in good condition.

The bookings are growing steadily and electric hook ups are still available.

Looking forward to the event and catching up with everyone, safe journey and i will see you there! ?

Regards

Mike

Hello all ,i thought you would like to know of another astronomy related event,it is taking place the weekend following on from our event,details are here http://www.wigtownbookfestival.com/programme

It is a pity that the events could  not have been co-ordinated but anyone wanting a longer stay just call Lesley and it should be a fitting way to take in even more astronomy?

Regards

Mike

Well i`m onsite and who ordered the rain? The field is in great condition despite the afternoon rain.

The journey over was uneventful, but i have to say the A75 is in a poor state loads of cracks and potholes,the temperatures on the way here started at 15* to 18-5 at the M6 and as i approached Newton Stewart a lowly 8* , it is for now at least not raining!

Safe journey to all and i will catch up with everyone as they get here,

Regards

Mike

I also arrived ok'ish (knackered) and as usual, this being Scotland, the heaven's opened with a small gale, while trying to erect the tent. Managed to get it up & storm lashed (I was a tad soaked), surprisingly still dry inside, so got the basics in & following a small libation or 4, slept till 07:00...  

Awoke to it still being mizzly & overcast (I didn't see any clear bits like Mike, but then I wad dead to the world), but as I write I see the cloud thinning, & with a light breeze, things should, hopefully, dry out soon....

Well if the BBC forecast is to be believed, then the next 3 nights should be clear :)   mind you that's what they said for here last night but it was total cloud clover til the moon rose :(

Can anyone recommend a reliable weather forecast site?

Andy

13 hours ago, Dr_Ju_ju said:

It paints a picture far worse than the BBC for next week :( 

It would be useful if you could produce a comparison at the end of the week as to how it compared with reality.

Andy

Hi Folks,

Glad you all arrived safe and sound.

It is a special skill to erect a tent in gale force wind!

You are fortunate, that I shall not be attending this event. I have to be at the Hospice of St Francis 40th Anniversary Dinner Dance at Hadfield House on Saturday night.

I will be attending the Autumn event.........

I hope you have clear skies, tonight according to Scope Night will be clear from 18:00 Monday till 09:00 am Tuesday.

Tuesday 18:00 till 03:00am  Wednesday will be mostly clear.

The rest of the week does not look brilliant.... But the weather can change......else its back to whiskey tasting sessions!!

Have a great time...

Adrian

Archived