Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Gallloway Gathering Spring 2019

Hello All, i`m pleased to announce the 2019 Spring Galloway Gathering,to be held at the award winning campsite that has been our home for nine years,http://www.drumroamin.co.uk/index.htm

The Dates of which are  Wednesday 27th February 2019------- Monday 4th March 2019

The campsite is run by Lesley and Ralph Shell,who go over and above to make the Galloway star parties the Premier Star Camps  north of the border.

As usual all bookings and reservations to go direct to Lesley at the campsite,any queries can be emailed to me at SGL.

You can if you fancy a longer stay come at the weekend before, there is usually a few astronomers in attendance.

This year is our tenth anniversary,and i will try and post dates and details at the weekend coming for the Autumn Galloway Star Camp.

Looking forward to meeting newcomers and seasoned veterans,clear skies are on order ?

Regards

Mike

Any errors are all my own. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, westmarch said:

Hi,

Thanks Mike for posting.  I’m afraid I got there late to the last one but still recall the crystal clear skies on the Saturday night. I hope to see you all there. Booked in.

John

Hi John, no worries,any arrival late or otherwise is always welcome, the skies did co-operate and i know you were impressed with the views,i`m glad you enjoyed yourself and  looki forward to catching up with you.

Regards

Mike

• 2 months later...

Have not been on SGL for a couple of weeks and was surprised there has not been any guff posted on this thread, considering it’s only a couple of weeks until this gathering. Having stalked Mapstar I can see he has not even booked yet - am sure he will manage to squeeze in.

Looking forward to meeting regulars and newbies alike.

Just need to sort scope out and decide which medicine to bring ?

4 hours ago, Uplooker said:

Having stalked Mapstar I can see he has not even booked yet - am sure he will manage to squeeze in.

Looking forward to meeting regulars and newbies alike.

I'm going to try to get it booked tomorrow or Monday. Looking at the 1st through to the 8th with the new moon being the 6th.

I'll post when I'm booked and same as Ian be good to catch up with everyone and do some star gazing this year!!! 

Hoping to get there late on Thursday if I can get the van defrosted.  

Last time, I only arrived in time for the cracking Saturday dark sky event and missed the refreshments.  I understand the whisky stuff but what’s this about pies? Are we supposed to bring home baking?

John

On 11/02/2019 at 21:11, westmarch said:

Hoping to get there late on Thursday if I can get the van defrosted.  

Last time, I only arrived in time for the cracking Saturday dark sky event and missed the refreshments.  I understand the whisky stuff but what’s this about pies? Are we supposed to bring home baking?

John

Pies, you wil need to talk to Mike (Mrs Beeton) about them.

?

Archived