SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Mono Vs OSC considerations and focus shift

mos

2 hours ago, bottletopburly said:

It doesn’t have to be Deepskydad does an autofocus unit from about £110 ish photo is focuser fitted to my scope note new version focuser I now more compact  is use APT to control or you can make your own cheaper plenty of info if you google diy auto focuser 

43121574554_a93928891d_b.jpg

This is exactly what I have coming ?. Same scope and focuser too! An early Christmas present. Hopefully!

10 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

That really is a great result.

While shooting the colour I'd take a short set of RGB at significantly shorter exposure so as to fill in the Trapezium. You'll be at very high SN on this bright region so there is no point in shooting L or a lot of subs. You could then follow this excellent tutorial on how to blend the long and short. http://www.astropix.com/html/j_digit/laymask.html

Olly

Thanks Olly. I'm really pleased with it as a first outing. Still a few things to get sorted and plenty more to learn, but that is why I love this hobby. 

Great advice too. I'll be sure to see what I can do with some shorter exposures to try and not blow out the core so much. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived