SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First attempt at M45 / Pleides with some old kit

Jarvo

Hi Everyone. Bit giddy about this one so please forgive me. 

First go at M45 using an old fifty quid Celestron 70 mm Travelscope and my old Olympus DSLR. 

Clouds were against me the other night so I was restricted to 20 mins exposure time (20 x 1 mins) plus a handful of darks. 

Im using this time to get used to the techniques again having been away for a while. 

I added a Televue (Astronomik) nebula filter  I recently purchased having had a rush of blood to the head.   It helps reduce the awful light pollution in my garden as well as  helping with the detail  

I processsed the frames in Deep Sky Stacker then adjusted the curves and levels in GIMP. 

Theres a lot of artistic licence in the picture as I’ve just discovered the Supernova function in GIMP. Will need to resist the urge to give everything a Supernova effect . Might reprocess my last Neptune shot with a Supernova (might get kicked out the group :) as well)

More exposures next time to get more nebulosity (just seen Adams 6 hours and 50 marathon slog -yoinks!).

Thanks for looking.

Steve

1DF4BE70-CFF0-4C96-897C-78E5183C3361.jpeg

Archived