Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Vixen GP-DX clamp upgrade

Stu

On 17/11/2018 at 17:14, graham56 said:

confession time im sinful got three , gp  gpdx and gpd2 with skysensor , loads of kit little time(dam work} iam a vixen junkie

Nice one Graham. I do love these mounts, but like you, too little time!

Need to get some decent use out of the Sphinx, it's a very capable but compact mount. Only got one Vixen scope though, a Vixen 102mm f10 as part of my PST Mod.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

@Stu did you ever go ahead with the upgrade saddle.. anything to report?

Ta

Fozzie

Hi. Well yes I did, but actually still waiting for it to arrive. Should be pretty soon now so will update when received and fitted.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Stu, I can lend you an Allen key set if you like... ? 

Edit* Oh actually I cant I need it for the cot, as my 9month old nearly pulled himself over the ledge this morning... which is nice as I didn't even know he could sit up by himself!!

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a long time coming, but I finally found some time, and my Allen keys ??, and fitted the new clamp.

I had been a bit worried about it being difficult to fit, but in reality it was very straightforward and simple to do. The only very slight issue I had was with the bolt that holds the motor on. It needed a washer as the slot it went into was a little too small to allow the bolt head to sit in it properly. Might find a different bolt but it is working at the moment.

Pictures attached, will get it back on the pillar tomorrow and see how it goes, but it looks a quality bit of kit as you expect from ADM.

20190216_210705.jpg

20190216_210802.jpg

20190216_210843.jpg

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

Here we go then, that's what this little baby was bought to hold!

Some decisions to be made at some point, I can't justify the Intes and a Mewlon so I'll see which I prefer.

20190216_221850.jpg

Looks the business Stu...Looking forward to your first light report ??

Dave

What a setup!.. very nice Stu. The GPDX is a fantastic mount, and quite rare now. The upgrade makes the mount even more desirable even against new models in the market place. Super OTA also.. looking forward to your reports

Rob

Thanks @Rob getting some pretty stunning views through the Mewlon tonight. Will only be a short session though.

I do have a problem though. Fitting the new ADM clamp has resulted in the motor housing fouling on the mount slightly. It is only by a fraction, but will mean taking a file to the motor housing and is limiting what I can look at tonight, can't use goto at all. Will post some pictures and the fix.

On 16/02/2019 at 22:38, Stu said:

Here we go then, that's what this little baby was bought to hold!

Some decisions to be made at some point, I can't justify the Intes and a Mewlon so I'll see which I prefer.

Crikey Stu: you kept that quiet. Looks amazing!

What aperture?

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/02/2019 at 21:16, JeremyS said:

Crikey Stu: you kept that quiet. Looks amazing!

What aperture?

Suspect you've seen this elsewhere on my observing report, but it's the 210 Jeremy. Very nice :)

Archived