Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First LRGB from new ASI1600

blinky

I thought I would try some LRGB imaging with my new ASI1600 mono - This is not as easy as I thought it would be!  The red channel seems to just accumulachoose files... Click to choose files te noise & gradients and since its a mono image (before combining) its pretty difficult to work out what is noise and what is signal.  To be honest M45 has a couple of hours of L and 6 minutes I think of each colour channel so I am perhaps expecting a bit much from this image!  M31, I cant remember what I got!  It also has some weird green thing going on around the stars when you zoom into 100%.  I have been playing with these for so long, its time to post them and move on......  Defiantly not my best images but I'm done playing with them.

M31.jpg

M45-Final.jpg

I agree with Olly - there's a lot of stuff going on in the background sky around the Pleiades, and it all to often gets pushed below the black point. You've done well to keep it relevant to your image.

Conversely, that's why I'm never happy with my renditions of M45 - as soon as I stretch the background enough to show what is actually there, I feel that the end product is too noisy.... I think I might need to be less self critical! ;)

9 hours ago, Pompey Monkey said:

I agree with Olly - there's a lot of stuff going on in the background sky around the Pleiades, and it all to often gets pushed below the black point. You've done well to keep it relevant to your image.

Conversely, that's why I'm never happy with my renditions of M45 - as soon as I stretch the background enough to show what is actually there, I feel that the end product is too noisy.... I think I might need to be less self critical! ;)

Take even more data. (As if you didn't know!)

:icon_mrgreen:lly

They have. What settings did you apply (gain, single sub exposure time and nr of subs)? The remedy is probably the one suggested by Olly: more data. And if you live in a light polluted area, that doesn't do much good either: you need even more data.

Archived