Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M33 Pinwheel

Ken82

Sunday night was clear so i decided to have a second go at M33. This is the second time Ive attempted this galaxy as the first from last year was slightly out of focus. It was a poor night seeing wise and my "clear outside app" was actually orange/red for most of it but  Im pleased with the improvement from last year. I still feel i need to add more subs or would better seeing make that difference??? Any help or tips on how to further enhance the image are welcome. 100x2.5min plus darks, flats and bias. Processed in pixinsight.

M33.png

Very nice processing, I like the subtle colours, and the way the outer fringes of the galaxy fade away into the background. It has been commented on this forum that  M33 can often look like an oval decal stuck on the background sky but your image  avoids this outcome.

I am currently attempting to process 3.3 hrs of LRGB data on this subject, my colour processing is more intense, having seen your image I am going to try and reign it in a little.

Archived