Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

APT - Auto Focussing Help

wornish

I have been using APT for a short while now and I really like the application. The way it platesolves and goes to your selected target is superb.

I have just added an electronic focusser to my kit and just cant get my head around how to  zoom in on the image to focus on a selected star.

The Zoom buttons don't do anything on the main screen of APT and so I cant use the auto focussing aid.     What am I missing?

I am using my ASI 1600MM Pro camera so it seems I cant use live view.   Can someone please explain the steps needed or point me at a tutorial on how to do this.

6 minutes ago, wornish said:

I have been using APT for a short while now and I really like the application. The way it platesolves and goes to your selected target is superb.

I have just added an electronic focusser to my kit and just cant get my head around how to  zoom in on the image to focus on a selected star.

The Zoom buttons don't do anything on the main screen of APT and so I cant use the auto focussing aid.     What am I missing?

I am using my ASI 1600MM Pro camera so it seems I cant use live view.   Can someone please explain the steps needed or point me at a tutorial on how to do this.

I will be interested to also hear the results. When I double click on an area it zooms in but on one camera it zooms in 2x as much as the other. And sometimes the zoom buttons work and other times they don’t. 

3 hours ago, wornish said:

Here is how i do it with a Deepskydad auto focuser -APT -configure autofocuser - Shift and left click to configure assuming you have installed autofocuser and drivers -open Auto focus aid  and Focus aid -click setting on autofocus aid these are my settings in screenshot - shoot a 10 sec image ,you need to have set on bulb - double click image this will be 1:1 ratio -frame a star with a sat 1 or 2 in the focusing aid window -press run in autofocus box ,this will now run through the process of taking images and adjusting star with autofocusser ,i use HFD mode,once completed bottom left of screen will say once complete ,i use it on a sw200pds  ,double click image to return to normal view .

If you can't connect to  focuser check it connected to the right port and always use the same usb port to plug into or else you need to change it ,ask me how i know ?,this is configured in the settings in the focuser window.  

autofocusaidapt.JPG

1 hour ago, david_taurus83 said:

When using live view it only zooms in a little bit. If you take a quick snapshot, ie, Shoot, it will zoom in much closer when you click on the screen. I found this out last night while focusing with my B mask.

Thanks, but I think the Zoom buttons only work with a DSLR not a CCD according to the User guide.

I have resorted to RTFM mode and found out I need to use the Magnifier tool so will give that a try next time out.

Wish someone would do a full Video tutorial on all  the features and tools this app has built in, as I said in my first post I really like what it can do.

12 minutes ago, wornish said:

Thanks, but I think the Zoom buttons only work with a DSLR not a CCD according to the User guide.

I have resorted to RTFM mode and found out I need to use the Magnifier tool so will give that a try next time out.

Wish someone would do a full Video tutorial on all  the features and tools this app has built in, as I said in my first post I really like what it can do.

Yes the zoom buttons are blanked out but if you double click on the image to where you want to inspect it zooms in.

Archived