Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Meade Star Navigator Next Generation

I am fairly new to star gazing, just bought a Meade Star Navigator Next Generation 90 mm Maksutov and for the past 2 nights have tried to align it.    Every time I align it, it says successful, but when I go to select an object I can see easily like the moon it goes in a totally different direction.  I have used the compass level that comes with the telescope, I have reset it a couple times, nothing seams to work.  The frustrating part is I always align it using 2 different compasses and 2 levels, then when I push enter and it goes to the first star to line up its at least 20-50 degrees off and most of the time has the wrong elevation.  I have tried to get it even close at least 10 times, what is really crazy is I will turn the navigator off back on put in the same info using the exact same settings and the telescope goes to a totally different location for the same star which is still wrong.

First time out you have to set the mount model in the handset.

Tonight you would have Daylight Saving - No, then enter local time.

Date is American format but displays "November" so you can't get that wrong.

Be aware that because of cord wrap inside the mount it may head off in an unexpected direction to reach a target.

Otherwise I'm puzzled because if you have an Alignment Successful message it should be okay, usually if you have a setting wrong it will fail ?

Michael 

Archived