SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

All UK Stations up and guiding?

I hope all astro-imagers are setup and guiding taking advantage of the short days and yet another clear night.

It's crazy - I haven't done this much imaging since the winter of 09' ?

....and just when I was finished processing M31 captured at the end of October and the beginning of November....I hope to get another 4 or more hours tonight - high cloud permitting.

Good luck to all who have the opportunity tonight! ?

David

hahaha...the first sub of Ha just came down and i was freaking out thinking "that's way to dark!"....then I remembered as bright as M31 is...it isn't lit up with Ha LOL! Phew!

Strong work both of  you ? - I'm watching the radar and clouds are appearing out of nowhere LOL! Seriously, in a 15 min stretch between downloads at the Met a huge bank appeared over my location near Oxford.

I don't think it's going to last though, I'm hoping it will slide off to the East.

David

I've got my new ASI1600 out there at the moment. Been tweaking since 6pm with the field flattener and checking parfocalness of the filters. LRG seem ok but B will need refocusing. I've left it running now on M45 to see what it can do. An hour on each filter so hopefully the clouds stay away!

3 minutes ago, david_taurus83 said:

I've got my new ASI1600 out there at the moment. Been tweaking since 6pm with the field flattener and checking parfocalness of the filters. LRG seem ok but B will need refocusing. I've left it running now on M45 to see what it can do. An hour on each filter so hopefully the clouds stay away!

Good luck - the bank of clouds that were threatening me are passing over now - clear behind it ?

Which filters are you using on the ASI1600? I'm using the ZWO version optimised for the 1600 - lrgb as well as narrow band seem to be parfocal - or close enough for my imaging parameters haha!

David

11 hours ago, David_L said:

Good luck - the bank of clouds that were threatening me are passing over now - clear behind it ?

Which filters are you using on the ASI1600? I'm using the ZWO version optimised for the 1600 - lrgb as well as narrow band seem to be parfocal - or close enough for my imaging parameters haha!

David

I got the Baader 36mm filters. When I went to check on the laptop at midnight the stupid thing had crashed earlier halfway into my run! So it only managed 60 luminance files and half way into the reds. Just when I thought I could leave things unattended. Might have to start babysitting it again!

The bank of cloud I thought was dissipating actually grew in size and clouded out my session.

I might write to PhD2 (Stark? can't remember his first name) and ask that they change the mild and almost calming "bing.....bing...bing" of the not guiding warning to a klaxon and siren combo - much more attention getting LOL!

Still, I did get an hour of Ha and 20 min each of rgb to add to my M31 ?

David 

Archived