Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Elvis Starbug

Belated Salutations!

Hello to all,

Joined here sometime ago (apologies for not introducing myself sooner)..interest in the skies goes back to my early years on the West Coast of Scotland and gazing above from the mountains behind our home, with my late Father pointing out the constellations and shooting stars with his crook! Fast forward many years and I have finally found myself to be the proud owner of a Celestron C9.25 coupled with a CGX mount...armed with a copy of Turn Left and Sky Atlas...I have been reacquainting myself with the stars. Currently home is the North West of England and fairly blessed with minor light pollution!

I have also recently obtained a Skywatcher 130 PDS, as my 'travel scope'and (hopefully) venturing into the realms of astrophotography...albeit I still have to lug behemoth of mount (2nd lighter mount is definitely required...in the distant future!!). I am struggling a wee bit with mounting this scope (correctly) onto CGX mount...pictures and posting on a separate section I know will be required! 

Long before joining (and this posting), I have been an avid browser of this forum and the thoughts/ideas and insights that are provided into this fascinating and sometimes perplexing arena called space!

Looking forward to being more involved and part of this community!

Kind regards,

Ewan. 

P.S.

Clear skies for all!!

• Like 1

Hi Ewan, a warm and sunny welcome from me here down in the south-west, have a great time with this hobby and clear skies!

Glad you saluted! ?

Welcome. Have fun with the hobby and the forum.

The Scottish coast must have been an awesome place to begin, welcome to SGL.

Ewan

Welcome from land down under

My Great Great grand parent emigrated from North West Scotland, in 1810 to Australia

Came from Argyll

John

Morning John (Australia),

It is indeed a small world! I was born and raised at Achnacreebeg, Loch Etive, Argyll.

Thank you for your kind greeting!

Kind regards,

Ewan

Hello Ewan, and welcome to SGL, see you around the forums. Enjoy.

Clear Sky's the