Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Newtonian focuser replacement recommendation please

3 minutes ago, laser_jock99 said:

What is it then? Meade- probably Skywatcher anyway!

Yes, Meade, someone posted a picture of his 200PDS in my facebook topic and then someone else commented something about that both have different focuser.

I really feel that GSO should be the minimum focuser on any scope, I can go with GSO if it will be a big improvement, I also so Baader focuser on FLO, not sure if that is also known as very nice one, but I hope that any focuser I will decide on can be connected for motor autofocuser.

10 minutes ago, johninderby said:

The Baader is far superior to the GSO focuser with much better build quality. A very, very fine focuser and on a par with the Moonlite. Just a step below the FeatherTouch.

Good to know that, I was thinking about MoonLite focuser actually, but on the other thread of mine someone doesn't recommend this Moonlite for a Tak refr, so is that only for the refr or all scopes? Baader and Moonlite prices are a bit cheaper than FeatherTouch, so I wasn't planning to use expensive FT on this cheap Newtonian anyway.

1 hour ago, wookie1965 said:

When I had my 200p with the stock Skywatcher focuser I used this,

Then I bought the lacerta upgrade kit.

https://www.365astronomy.com/Lacerta-Dual-Speed-1-10-Microfocus-Upgrade-Kit-for-Skywatcher-Crayford-Focusers.html

Really improved it for not much money.

did this simple upgrade works a treat smoother focuser and grips well

Hmmm,

On my version of this focuser there were four small 3mm diameter O rings (one at each screw) between the base plate and the housing. I assumed these were placed there by SW to give some "give" in the tensioning..........

Archived