Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi everyone, I recently decided to get a 70-200 f2.8 lens or similar (liek 80-200 nikkor) to mount on my Nikon D3300 and Star Adventurer, because as a landscape photographer I feel I will use way more a tele lens than a telescope. It will be a graduation present, so I hope no budget limit. My question is: which lens to choose? In order to capture some extra details I'll most likely add a teleconverter 2x if the choice will be a 70-200, otherwise I'm considering a 100-400 Sigma or Tamron but I can't find anything about how they perform. Thanks for your advices.

Make sure if you choose a lens with built in motor (AF-S or HSM etc) as the 3300 has no motor for focus in body, also look for one that has the tripod collar on lens as it will make balance on the Star adventurer better.

Sigma's 70-200 2.8 HSM is a nice alternative to Nikon's own model at a fraction of the price.

DP review have good lens reviews.

Good luck choosing.

Archived