Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Altair Astro ?

BlueAstra

Not sure if this is where I should post this, so please move if necessary. Has anyone been in contact with Altair Astro within the last two weeks? I had email contact with them on 26/10 but since then I've heard nothing despite numerous emails. I've also tried ringing, but just get a recorded message with no reply to my messages left. Website looks normal and I think there has been a product post on facebook. No reply to my message on messenger though.

I have just this minute received an email from Ian confirming order was sent but isn't showing up on tracking and unlike Davey-T I have received replies to emails in the past which is why I found it strange that I didn't get any replies to my enquiries. 

20 minutes ago, wetwalker said:

I have received replies to emails in the past which is why I found it strange that I didn't get any replies to my enquiries

Crikey you've done well, then.  Took them over a week to email me to tell me something wasn't in stock, and in the meantime I had got elsewhere so didn't even need by then.

Hi, if you email through the website, you get no response, if you email via you’re emailed receipt you’ll get a reply.

when you order, you get a confirmation email and then another processed/posted email when it’s been posted.

I ordered a while back,

I got my confirmation email and then no other emails, I tried messaging them through the website about 2 weeks later for my order but got no reply.

Then I emailed via the confirmation email, and they responded saying i’d had my order.

I said I hadn’t and I’d had no email that I usually get when it’s been processed or posted.

maybe they thought I was lying? It was a big order of around ~£50 ?

They sent the order, I just didn’t like the tone of the response.

I don’t order anything from them anymore, but that’s just my take on them.

It’s not good though if your company is famous for not replying to any emails or messages.

something they need to work on, maybe

Darren

I spent £1800 with Altair on a new scope and accessories at the IAS a few weeks ago. However I don't think I'll be buying any more Altair products. They were very friendly and helpful when they're in front of you, but since then they've totally failed to provide any customer support at all. If I get a reply to an email at all, it along the lines of, 'I'll get right onto it' or 'I'm just sorting it for you now' and then you hear nothing. It's a shame, some of their products are great, but they just don't provide the same level of service as I've had from other Retailers. 

I have bought a few items (incl 2 scopes and mounts) from Altair over the past few years. I have generally had a positive experience in relation to both quality and communication. 

However I have found it easier to pick up the phone and call because there can sometimes be a delay in responding to emails. 

BlueAstra has received a number of responses, positive and negative, so we will close this thread ?‍♂️

If anyone has something else to say regarding their experience with Altair Astro they are welcome to post a review in the Supplier Reviews board. 

• admin locked this topic

Archived