Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Going Round the (Cygnus) Loop

coatesg

This is the whole of the Cygnus Loop SNR (Sh2-103) from 6h7m of data taken through a Canon 200mm L series lens at f3.85, using a QHY163M and a Baader 7nm HA filter. Mount was a Losmandy GM8. All data taken over the space of 2 weeks or so from various locations around France at various phases of the moon.

Shot this data during the summer when I was away on holiday, but hadn't done much with it - I had kinda hoped that I might have managed to get myself an OIII filter and make a bicolour image, but not managed to do that yet! I also did start to grab RGB, but don't really have enough to do anything very constructive as yet. 

Image capture with SGP, and processed in PI. Displayed at 66% resolution to make the image a little more manageable...! Click on the image for the best resolution - the resize in the post munges the clarity a bit.

Thanks for looking :)

Cygnus_Loop.thumb.jpg.e2c563561463deca10bfd71739c7a926.jpg

Archived