Narrowband

NGC 7635 HaRGB DSLR 150PDS

Grimbles

EDIT: Taking wimvb's advice here's a second version with a touch of SCNR , which is an improvement. I will collect more data for this and must keep a closer eye on the Histogram when processing, I think excitement of finally getting out on DSO's again got to me.

Hi

I posted a Ha version of the Bubble about a week ago and said I had some RGB data to produce a HaRGB version which I have finally got around to having a go at.  I know this is over processed as I was trying to squeeze every last drop of Ha data out of it, in particular I lost control of the background somewhere along the way, I also had problems with the red colour ( I think anyway, as I am quite colour blind which doesn't help ? ).

I will add some more Ha and RGB when I get the chance.

35 x 180s RGB

20 x 90s RGB

7 x 600s Ha with 7nm Optolong Ha Filter

Flats and Bias, Dithered so no darks

All data gathered over two sessions 28th  Oct and 1st Nov

Modded 500d, 150PDS, HEQ5, Guided.  Processed in DSS, PI LE for DBE, PS CC. Fairly heavy crop.

Original

175471478_BubbleHaRGBjpg.thumb.jpg.d685e63f5d7270043521b261fbbe8bac.jpg

With SCNR

124782399_BubbleHaRGBSCNRjpg.thumb.jpg.ff0b4bb29adffbeed7912e65189069a8.jpg

Lovely. The background is a bit green on my tiny phone screen. But you've got PixInsight, so a pass of scnr should solve that. An alternative solution is to create a preview of the background and align the histograms for the rgb channels. Then apply that correction to the entire image.

52 minutes ago, wimvb said:

Lovely. The background is a bit green on my tiny phone screen. But you've got PixInsight, so a pass of scnr should solve that. An alternative solution is to create a preview of the background and align the histograms for the rgb channels. Then apply that correction to the entire image.

Thanks and well reminded, I wil give SNCR a go, I did use HVLG in Photoshop, but it is possible more green crept in further down the line.

Archived