Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_constellations.thumb.jpg.6034fe99df7fe590f77a776877551964.jpg

FLO

New Website & Competition

We have a shiny new website!

https://www.firstlightoptics.com

It has a larger, more modern design with quicker, easier navigation. It also has a stronger focus on images and content. We hope you like it 🙂 

Because a project like this is never 'finished' we will continue to polish and improve it over time. With this in mind we are running a competition. 

There will be three prizes of FLO Gift Vouchers: £100, £75 & £50.  

Here's how to win: 

We will be delighted if you find a fault, of any kind, with the new website. It might be a simple typo like a spelling mistake, an over-long product title or a missing picture. Perhaps something doesn't display correctly in your browser or you might find a dead or outdated link in a product description. Anything really. We would also appreciate some suggestions. Perhaps there is a product or service you think should be offered at our website. Is there enough product information and buying advice. Perhaps you can see a way we can improve the design and layout. That kind of thing. Your thoughts, suggestions and criticism will be welcome. 

Please don't post your suggestions here, instead please email them to suggestions@firstlightoptics.com

Every suggestion received (you can submit multiple) will be automatically assigned a number then entered into a draw. 

The competition starts today and ends midnight 30th Nov. 

Thank-you for your support, because without you there would be no FLO 🤗

Best wishes, 

Annette, Grant, James, Jenna, Lisa, Martin & Steve

• Like 4

Not a lot of people know this but all FLO's websites are built in-house by Grant, the same Grant who keeps SGL's motor running smoothly. 

Thank-you, Grant 😀 

• Like 6

Funnily enough, I was on the site earlier today doing some minor 'research' for a comment in a thread on here and I noticed the shiny new presentation - very nice, subtly different so I still felt at home!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, steppenwolf said:

very nice, subtly different so I still felt at home!

Thank-you 🙂 

In terms of design this is the biggest single change since FLO began so it is good to hear it still felt familiar. 

Looks very nice, must resist the urge to try it out as already expecting a delivery in the next two hours 😉

• Like 1

I do like the new website, despite the number of suggestions for improvement 🙂 

Ady

• Thanks 1

Very nice indeed and, as mentioned already, somehow not so different as to feel unfamiliar.

Also seems a lot quicker loading, which could be dangerous, but nice to have.

Well done, Grant, a really great job :thumbright:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FLO said:

Not a lot of people know this but all FLO's websites are built in-house by Grant, the same Grant who keeps SGL's motor running smoothly. 

Thank-you, Grant 😀 

So you're basically asking us to have a dig at Grant's website building skills 🤪

Just now, haitch said:

So you're basically asking us to have a dig at Grant's website building skills 🤪

:D

I'm a big boy :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, haitch said:

I am confident most of the typos and errors will be mine 🤔😟😁

Steve 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Grant said:

:D

I'm a big boy :)

Seeing the new website has just reminded me about my C11 secondary - I'll send and email to see if there's any news.

Congratulations on the new look. Not sure if this should go to the suggestions mailbox, but any indication of when the Moravian Instruments section will appear?

• Like 1

Looks better, more clean and quicker

Edited by PaulM
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, tomato said:

Congratulations on the new look. Not sure if this should go to the suggestions mailbox, but any indication of when the Moravian Instruments section will appear?

Soon 🙂  

Moravian is one in a long list of brands and products we need to add. Now the new site is launched we will focus on doing that and will post details in a seperate thread as they are added. 

Meanwhile, our Moravian account is all setup and ready to go so please email us for a quote. 

HTH, 

Steve

• Like 1

The new website flows like liquid. I like it.

• Like 1

@FLO Web site wont work for me now at all. I just get a message that says "403 Forbidden you dont have permission  to access / on this server" on my work PC, without being able to look my guess is you added some sort of feature such as an auto run video etc that is not allowed on our systems. 

Guess ill not be visiting FLO from work any more. 

Adam  

New mobile site too......so much change. Getting all wobbly 🤩

Yes, a much Improved website, does justice to the great products available to the Astro. Community.
Certainly an Improvement  regarding navigating the different products, the groups Indexes are very clear, and one click gets you there.
Grant has done a very good job, and a very capable staff included in the whole package..
Hope the Site attracts more business, I'm sure it will. :icon_salut:

Edited by barkis

I'm really glad to see that my Wishlist is still available on the new site!   

Its taken me a while to build it up ... but it'll take me a lot longer to afford everything on it!  😆

Smooth transition. My cart still has an item I want but don't know if I need :D

In any case I did find an issue with it and sent an email.

Edited by heliumstar

8 hours ago, Adam J said:

@FLO Web site wont work for me now at all. I just get a message that says "403 Forbidden you dont have permission  to access / on this server" on my work PC, without being able to look my guess is you added some sort of feature such as an auto run video etc that is not allowed on our systems. 

Guess ill not be visiting FLO from work any more. 

Adam  

Some days my workplace firewall blocks access (at lunchtimes, obviously) both to SGL and FLO, other days I can sail right in no problem, which is great as my workplace monitor is well suited to looking at deep sky images! Today was a full access day, so I’ll see how it goes.

Just tried sending a suggestion to the suggestions@firstlightoptics.com and got a bounce back email including:

Your email to group suggestions@firstlightoptics.com was rejected due to spam classification. The owner of the group can choose to enable message moderation instead of bouncing these emails. More information can be found here: https://support.google.com/a/answer/168383.

Suggestion was fairly detailed including a couple of URLs so shouldn't have been flagged as spam.  

Hope that's of some use, and I'll try resending it tomorrow.

This seems to have dropped out of sight but I have been having bursts of looking

There is still time to email us suggestions 🙂

We haven’t mentioned the competition anywhere else, only here at SGL, so the odds of winning are far better than most competitions. 

On 11/11/2018 at 21:21, Girders said:

Just tried sending a suggestion to the suggestions@firstlightoptics.com and got a bounce back email including...

Not sure if you changed anything at your end but the third time I sent it I didn't get a bounce back so I'm assuming it got through.