Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Connecting EQ3 Pro to EQMOD

Hello all,

In what ways could my mount to be connected to eqmod on the laptop? I have a serial port that came with the mount or should I get a cable like this here https://www.firstlightoptics.com/sky-watcher-mount-accessories/lynx-astro-ftdi-eqdir-usb-adapter-for-sky-watcher-eq5-pro-heq5-syntrek-pro-az-eq5-gt-az-eq6-gt-and-eq8-mounts.html

Thanks and clear skies.

I built my own EQDirect cable following this guide:

If you know how to solder this is a super easy way to connect the mount.

You can directly plug the RJ45 plug of this cable into the mount and don't have to use the handcontroller at all.

17 minutes ago, Cornelius Varley said:

Your advice is a bit ambiguous . Plugging an ethernet cable into the mount won't work.

Oh... Ooohhh... I should do at least some google image search...

Terribly sorry. I was assuming the EQ3 Pro had the same ports as the EQ5.

In that case a simply USB to serial adapter and the included serial to rj12 would probably be the easiest method.

Maybe the EQDirect cable could work if you swap the ethernet jack to an ethernet port though... but that's just guessing

Edit:

Isn't the Handcontroller connected through a ethernet cable to the box on the tripod? In that case a EQDirect cable should do the job.

Hard to find a decent sized picture...

EQ3 PRO GOTO MOUNT WITH STEEL TRIPOD

Archived