Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Orion and Running Man Nebulas

Laurin Dave

Taken in the wee hours of 2 November, a series of  6x10s 6x30s 6x60s 6x120s and 6x300s totalling 52 minutes overall.  I did this as I thought I'd need to do HDR composition in PI but that didn't work so I just integrated the lot. I was pleased that you can still see the separate stars in the Trapezium. Had some issues with moving dust bunnies on the camera sensor as I took flats the next morning after the scope had been parked, so had to  do some clone stamping. Esprit 150ED, Nikon D750, AZEQ-6, Altair 60mm guidescope with ASI120mm, EQMOD, PHD2, SGPro, processed in Pixinsight and Photoshop.

Thanks for looking

Dave 

M42_Esprit150ED_D750_satn_crop.thumb.png.743e8863dfd14037424d72e3f50aee47.png

Very nice.

I always think M42 is like M31 - you can't image them too often - they are so rewarding and challenging.

I've had very mixed results with HDRComposition in PI despite numerous attempts; it has to be used with HDRMultiscaleTransform to bring back the detail but I find that process difficult to control as well. I invariably end up using PS layers and masks to achieve the end result.

Adrian

Archived