Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My first go at M33

Sam

I am really happy how this one has turned out - being able to take 10min subs is really going to improve my imaging I think. This one is just 6 X 10mins at ISO800 done tonight. I would have got another few but the guidescope dewed up - never mind - it was fun watching this appear on the screen. Next time I'll get it in the centre of the FOV. :)

9909_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Sam

Thanks Dave, I don't have much LP from my garden so can see the galaxy quite clearly in the eyepiece - which makes it easier to get in the FOV. I just didn't realise how big it was! I have probably stretched the processing a little as well. :)

Sam

Are there any flats on there because if there are you get the same sort of grainy lines on as me. Bear in mind I'm a novice at this but I find that in curves, if you lift the far left hand point it can smooth out a lot of that.

I will of course add that it is far better than any M33 that I have attempted, all mine get filed under bin.

Thanks Dave. I used flats, darks and offsets but probably rushed the processing a bit - I was quite excited to see what it looked like. I will re process it and use the curves a bit more and try what you mentioned. Thanks for the suggestion - this processing malarky is a tricky art so any help is hugely appreciated! :)

Sam

Archived