SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Dusty Taurus

Allinthehead

Assuming the image was captured sometime over 2300hrs on 2018-01-01, there's only two possibles that an MPC search (https://minorplanetcenter.net/cgi-bin/checkmp.cgi) around 6 arcmin comes up with - 2013 YD60 (426964), or Luisa (599). The former is mag 21.something, the latter mag 12.something so with that, and manually looking at the ephemeris and moving a mouse around to see where the RA/Dec is, my guess is that it is Luisa. 

A single sub with date/location would pin it down exactly.

image.png.4d8b7a751d59d496101bd568a7ee31ae.png

Edited by coatesg

• 2 years later...
On 03/08/2021 at 20:40, athornett said:

Wow! What a photo. I have just purchased a ZWO ASI 071MC Pro but I dont think I will be producing images like this!

Andy

Hi Andy, thanks. The 071 is a great sensor and produces beautiful star colour. My advice would be to cool the camera slowly, over a 20 min period should work. Beyond -5 c caused problems with frosting on my one. I'm sure you'll produce some wonderful images with yours.

Richard 

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/08/2021 at 17:07, Allinthehead said:

Hi Andy, thanks. The 071 is a great sensor and produces beautiful star colour. My advice would be to cool the camera slowly, over a 20 min period should work. Beyond -5 c caused problems with frosting on my one. I'm sure you'll produce some wonderful images with yours.

Richard 

Thanks for the advice, Richard

• Like 1