Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_christmas_presents_winners.thumb.jpg.0650e36a94861077374d1ab41812d185.jpg

Shibby

M1, Crab Nebula in Bi-Color

Here's an attempt at a target that needs no description - the Crab Nebula, in bi-colour. For this one I decided to go for 300s subs, although I can't specifically remember why... :)

I did a "rough and ready" process, followed by a long, careful one. In the end, I preferred the first version so here it is! I didn't bother with a star layer as they're not particularly bright.

Any feedback/ suggestions appreciated, thanks.

• Hα: 31x300s (R)
  • Oiii: 17x300s (G+B)
  • Atik 460ex
  • SW MN190
  • Orion 50mm guidescope + QHY5L-ii
  • Stacking: DeepSkyStacker
  • Processing: Photoshop

1084007155_CrabNebula(M1).thumb.png.b526ff88f84fd3e7566bc17b235e748c.png

• Like 12

I'm impressed with this, excellent detail and colour management on an easily smeared object - really well done.

It would be improved only by somehow toning down the stars visible in the area of the remnant itself?

David

3 hours ago, David_L said:

I'm impressed with this, excellent detail and colour management on an easily smeared object - really well done.

It would be improved only by somehow toning down the stars visible in the area of the remnant itself?

Thanks! I'll have a go at that. More importantly, perhaps, I've noticed on my desktop monitor that the background is a bit of a mess, so I should sort that out with the fore-mentioned "long, careful" version.