Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Crescent Nebula NGC6888 (two set ups)

carastro

I took this with two different set ups, as I wanted to try out my new (2nd hand) Atik428EX which I bought to replace my Atik314L as it has better resolution. So this is first light for the camera, and a test to see if I was happy with it. 

The first image is taken with Atik428EX/ED80
HEQ5
Ha 10 x 600
Oiii 19 x 300 binned
Total time 3h 15m 
(plus added RGB stars from my other camera).

OS8UQmY_0O21_1824x0_wmhqkGbg.jpg

2nd image is a larger FOV as I was set up so as to be able to do small targets with one camera and large targets with the other. So a dual rig which did not match. 

Atik460EX & WOZS71 on HEQ5
Ha 12 x 600
Oiii 7 x 300 binned x 2
RGB stars 4 x 150 Binned x 2

Total 3h 25mins

gQGQsbA6ay3r_1824x0_wmhqkGbg.jpg

Hi Carole,

A great first light for the new camera. Both versions look great, but I have a slight preference for the wider FOV in the 2nd image. I'm also wondering whether you can combine the data for both cameras where they overlap, i.e. pushing the data for the smaller FOV to nearly 7 hours?

Cheers, Geof

I'm also wondering whether you can combine the data for both cameras where they overlap, i.e. pushing the data for the smaller FOV to nearly 7 hours?

Yes, I am planning to do just that.  But initially I wanted to see how the new smaller camera would perform on its own.

Carole 

I'm also wondering whether you can combine the data for both cameras where they overlap, i.e. pushing the data for the smaller FOV to nearly 7 hours?

Done:

Combined image from both cameras.  I think it is just a bit smoother. 

Total of 6h 40mins
Atik428EX/ED80
Atik460EX/WOZS71
HEQ5

Total Ha 22 x 600
Oiii 19 x 300 binned x 2
Oiii 9 x 600
RGB stars 4 x 150 binned (each filter)

lQ2vBmhd0rjG_1824x0_wmhqkGbg.jpg

Very nice Carole ?

The wide field versions of this object never disappoint as any attempt to "zoom" in on the object itself usually fails to stand up to processing without tons and tons of data ?

I like how the blueish nebulosity is starting to come out in the area around the object - that's going to look fantastic with more data.

David

Archived