Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Thor's Helmet HOO

carastro

My 3rd attempt at this target as I can never get to a dark location when it is in the sky for long enough.  As it was I couldn't start to image it until 2am. 

I had planned on using my dual rig but stupidly left my 2nd camera on 3 x binning (after frame and focus) so the data was unusable. Otherwise it would have been 6 hours of data. !!!

Atik460EX & WO ZS71
Ha 9 x 600
Oiii 9 x 600 
Total 3 hours

Mapped HOO

Carole 

J7HGqhyq0FIv_1824x0_wmhqkGbg.jpg

Thanks Shibby, did you get your EFW sorted out?

Well I knew this one would be a late starter, but to leave it until it rises at a more reasonable time means mid winter and bad weather and soggy camping field unsuitable to use, so just had to grab the chance.

There's a bit of noise showing in the background so the image might benefit from dropping that back a bit.

Always a juggling act, do I keep the background dark, and lose some of the nebulosity, or reveal more nebulosity?

Carole 

Yeah it's a tough call, especially difficult bearing in mind that our images look different on every monitor!

20 minutes ago, carastro said:

Thanks Shibby, did you get your EFW sorted out?

Well, it's working fine, just not in Artemis still. My filters aren't parfocal anyway, so I'm happy to manually change them for now...

Yes you are right, I can't see this unless I stretch the image and I can't explain it either.

There was some vertical banding on the Ha frames which I treated with actions, but they were very fine.  

Damn, now you have pointed it out I can't NOT see it.   Will have to take another look.

Carole 

There appears to be some sort of weird banding artefact on the image when viewed on my monitor?

Well I have had another "go" at the processing, it is better but I can't eliminate the problem altogether.  

HFmyjHk8UeNq_1824x0_wmhqkGbg.jpg

2 hours ago, carastro said:

Well I have had another "go" at the processing, it is better but I can't eliminate the problem .......

That's much better Carole

Archived