Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Jellyfish Nebula in H-alpha Atik 383L+ (IC443)

tooth_dr

Taken on Halloween Night, 32 x 600s with my Atik 383L+ and a 7nm H-alpha Filter

Stacked in APP and processed in PS.

Pointers welcome.  I think I'm going to start processing on a different monitor to see if that helps, as my laptop screen nevers looks right (excuses)

Adam.

St-avg-19200.0s-LNMSC_1_3.0_none-x_1.0_LZ3-NS-full-qua-add-sc_BWMV_nor-AA-RL-MBB5-mod-lpc-St-1.jpg

Probably a good idea to move off the laptop if for no other reason then being able to have some more screen real estate to work with ?

I like this image for the way you've positioned the main object so it looks as if it's being "illuminated" from the upper right of the picture - as if something luminous is lurking off to stage right and it's shining down on the jellyfish ?

Must've been very tempting to crop that star out of the bottom of the image - but you've avoided that and balanced the picture from a lighting perspective with the aforementioned glow in the upper right - clever.

Great composition and delicate processing on a difficult and faint object.

David

This looks great Adam. There's plenty of nice fine detail there on close inspection. You've got the 383L well and truly singing now.

It just needs some colour or Oiii and you'll have a real stunner on your hands!

(I've been trying to process my Pac-man neb picture these last few nights, and seeing this has inspired me to bump this target up to Next on my to-do-list!).

4 hours ago, Xiga said:

This looks great Adam. There's plenty of nice fine detail there on close inspection. You've got the 383L well and truly singing now.

It just needs some colour or Oiii and you'll have a real stunner on your hands!

(I've been trying to process my Pac-man neb picture these last few nights, and seeing this has inspired me to bump this target up to Next on my to-do-list!).

Thanks Ciaran.  It's really just run through APP, which is fab so thanks for recommending it.  A little bit of processing in PS (Annies and NC actions - reduce star size and local contrast enhancement, and levels adjustment) and that is it.  I will try to get longer exposures next time.  The mean ADU was just 425 for a sub, so room to expose longer

Archived