Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I've decided the Skywatcher dual speed focuser is not up to astrophotography, there's too much play in it, I've tried tightening it up but it still flops about. My sweatheart has asked me what I want for my birthday/xmas presents, as the are very close together I don't mind just the one. So the question is which should I go for, either the Baader Diamond Steeltrack or the Moonlite CR2 dual speed crayford which with the installation kit will be quite a bit more in price.

18 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Having owned both found there’s nothing  to choose between them performance wise and both are equally well made although feel the Baader is a bit more durable. So really it’s which one you like the look of better.

I like the look of the moonlite but prefer the price of the Baader ?

5 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Would suggest a FeaterTouch which is an absolute pleasure to use but now getting to be serious money. £££££££. ?

and everyone can guess what my wife's reaction to me buying one of those would be ?

1 hour ago, Dinglem said:

Eventually but need a better focuser first

The main problem with the default focuser, - locking.... it shifts the drawtube.

With autofocuser you will not need to lock the focuser. The pegasus focuscube falls in your pricerange.... However, I am not sure about it's quality.

7 hours ago, Dinglem said:

birthday/xmas presents, as the are very close together I don't mind just the one.

Wrong!

Most folk have TWO presents a year! Why take second best!............saving someone a few quid?  

Get the Baader, if your gut feels that way, some cash towards the auto-focuser.

Can you tell I'm in the same boat?  

1 minute ago, Charic said:

Wrong!

Most folk have TWO presents a year! Why take second best!............saving someone a few quid?  

Can you tell I'm in the same boat?  

I get several pressies through the year, she just doesn't know ?

I have only just purchased the moonlite for my sw120 ed pro. Not for Imaging just for viewing.

The feathertouch is preferred for Imaging as far as I was told..

However I think you would be happy with the moonlite .

20181029_173618.jpg

Archived