Narrowband

HEQ5 Pro Mount - Slight Judder on DEC Axis

CJE

Afternoon all

My mount is around 3 years old and has just acquired a minor judder, I've narrowed it down to the DEC Axis worm and only when rotated anti-clockwise and almost non existent when the clutch is released. 

I cannot achieve subs any longer than 60 seconds and probably have to bin 1/3 and much worse when guiding, polar alignment is pretty much bang on.

Easy fix or Astro Baby strip and regrease, any suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

image.png

I'm surprised that a minor issue with the declination axis would cause you to lose a third of your subs. Usually, problems in DEC when guiding are down to rough RA bearings that the DEC corrections are unable to compensate for. 

If it only happens in one direction, perhaps you could deliberately make your PA off a bit in RA and just do the declination corrections in one direction? Before you ask, I wouldn't know which direction you'd need to be out in RA! ;)

Archived