SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Lobster Claw nebula tonemapped with 4x4 binned SII & OIII

graemlourens

Hi everybody.

So many clear nights in October that i invested a little time to do an experiment and see if i can do a rather faint target with highly binned SII & OIII to create a tonemapped SHO narrowband image.

33 x 20min HA

and each 21 x 20min SII & OIII bin 4x4.

totalling in 25 hours exposure time.

The major difficulty was to remove stars, as stars were mostly very few pixels and most of my processes did not work, but with a little of trickery and magic i got it someow in the end.

Hope you like it! Its not a masterpiece but i kind of like it as i haven't seen it around too many times (and now i know why!)

1623774901_SH2-157LobsterClawNebula.thumb.jpg.7f3aad21c09114fc75d45790323987da.jpg

Kind regards, Graem

Beautifully detailed, deep and nice colours!  But ' So many clear nights in October '.  Grrr!!  I had 3 clear dark nights in October, and one of them had impossibly bad seeing.  My fault for living in North East England ?

Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

Peter.

3 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

Yes a lovely image, one that is not readily seen in such detail 

Thank you for your kind words!

3 hours ago, petevasey said:

Beautifully detailed, deep and nice colours!  But ' So many clear nights in October '.  Grrr!!  I had 3 clear dark nights in October, and one of them had impossibly bad seeing.  My fault for living in North East England ?

Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

Peter.

Thank you very much! This october has been a huge exception to our usual weather conditions. We'll see if these climate changes come to bite us back in the ........ 

Kind regards, Graem

Archived