Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

another one from the garden

toxic

Andromeda

5 x 10 seconds for the house

20 x 20 seconds for star colour and the core of andromeda

30 x 2.5 minutes for the main image without the house so as not to get to much gradiant from the street lights and passing cars and the buss stop all reflecting of the house.

Andromeda between the houses.jpg---psp.jpg

18 minutes ago, toxic said:

Andromeda

5 x 10 seconds for the house

20 x 20 seconds for star colour and the core of andromeda

30 x 2.5 minutes for the main image without the house so as not to get to much gradiant from the street lights and passing cars and the buss stop all reflecting of the house.

Andromeda between the houses.jpg---psp.jpg

Chris i'm absolutely loving these backyard widefields i have to say. Keep'em coming! ?

ps - It looks like you even caught Comet 64p Swift Gehrels too (the greeny blob to the right of M31). 

Great image!

It reminds me (in a broad sense, clearly not in a quality sense ?) of the visual views I get through my night vision monoculars. I really like having the context of buildings in the frame. As an example of what I mean here are some phone shots (10 and 20 second exposures) through the eyepiece.

AD22AA5C-359F-437F-A20A-766065271073.jpeg

C541BA9F-BB0C-456C-A8E9-E7276D306476.jpeg

Just now, tooth_dr said:

I really like these compositions too.  Really adds scale which I feel is often lost in my deep sky images.

erm thank you Tooth_Dr but there is no comparison between your images and mine yours blow mine out of the water :thumbright: 

2 hours ago, GavStar said:

Great image!

It reminds me (in a broad sense, clearly not in a quality sense ?) of the visual views I get through my night vision monoculars. I really like having the context of buildings in the frame. As an example of what I mean here are some phone shots (10 and 20 second exposures) through the eyepiece.

AD22AA5C-359F-437F-A20A-766065271073.jpeg

C541BA9F-BB0C-456C-A8E9-E7276D306476.jpeg

these are awesome images

Archived