Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

iPhone Apps

Just wondering what apps people use for this hobby, I use sky safari , sky view lite,star walk 2, star chart, and clear outside, I’m after a decent app for Astro photography app.

whats your best apps and why ? 

Thanks 

tony 

I use sky guide personally... It lets you adjust the brightness of the app to show the things that you can actually see depending on what sky you are looking at (City sky or clear sky) helps to pin point those difficult things in a lot of stars or a tiny amount of stars.. 

For AP I use Procam 5 and occasionally Nightcap for image capture, and PS Express for a bit of processing.

Skysafari is my most used app, amazingly powerful. Observer Pro is another useful one which I must use more often.

I also quite like using Deep Sky Browser.

Particularly for a quick glance at altitudes of targets today and throughout the year. It also give the surface brightness of many deep sky objects which is a bit more useful than the normal visual magnitude. Plus easy access to images from deep sky surveys.

Here’s a sample screen shot.

34A326DC-57F3-4D7E-8E73-1ECA94DBC768.thumb.png.24cba0de809c659c4a9dcf77a9ecefcd.png

• 2 months later...
On 09/11/2018 at 10:02, Philip R said:

I have Clear Outside, SkySafari (basic), SkyWeek+, Jupiter Moons, Saturn Moons, Moon Globe, Tri-Atlas (goes under the name of Sky atlas when installed). 

I have recently downloaded Star Charts by Wil Tirion (goes under the name of Star Charts when installed) to my astro-apps as shown above.

It is a nice companion to Tri-Atlas

Archived