Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello everyone

Fraunhoffer

Hello

Im excited to be getting back into astronomy after a break of erm … 30 years. Having fun with a little compact camera on a tripod and doing time exposures at the moment. Learning about using DeepSky Stacker and Registax and the wonderful Stellarium.

I still have my old copy of Norton's Star Atlas - found in the far reaches of the book case - must a an antique by now, but brings back memories.

Ive really surprised how much a small camera can see with 10s exposure so I guess Ill be finding out more about digital photography this time. It was prohibitively expensive last time around. Ive attached a photo that Im very pleased with  from my compact (8 frames stacked from a Sony hx90 and the photo was taken in a bit of a hurry at 5am one morning).

My grandchildren have also expressed an interest in Astronomy - so that's exciting too.

I have a little project on at the moment to try and photo every constellation as it comes around which doesn't require me to have much kit and will also help me re-learn my stars.

Ive been window shopping to look at some of the lively scopes that are available these days - but need to make sure I keep to the budget - so I expect I will be asking for help and opinions as time goes by.

All for now

Cheers

Orion - best yet 50pc.jpg

Archived